Following the economic downturn in 2008 and 2009, Fairchild Semiconductor needed a solution that could help it deal with extremely volatile demand, a global shortage of manufacturing capacity, growing lead times and scarce supply. The company selected JDA Inventory Optimization and Scenario Analyzer solutions to achieve a quick return on its technology investment, such as better alignment of day-to-day inventory plans with top-level goals and the ability to set highly customized inventory strategies.
- Improved alignment of day-to-day inventory plans with top-level goals
- Ability to govern products by a set of highly customized inventory strategies
- Provide guidance on over- and under-utilized resources and long-term capacity requirements
- Supports the company's sales and operations planning (S&OP) processes
- Ability to re-plan the business in an economic upturn or downturn
- Improved decision-making abilities